The American Osteopathic Board of Pathology was established in 1943 upon approval by the Board of Trustees of the American Osteopathic Association.
The purposes of the American Osteopathic Board of Pathology are to:
- Define the qualifications required of osteopathic physicians seeking certification in the various disciplines of pathology.
- Evaluate the qualifications of those osteopathic physicians who apply for certification in the various disciplines of pathology.
- Conduct examinations in conformity with the Bylaws of this Board.
- Issue certificates subject to the approval of the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists, of the American Osteopathic Association to those osteopathic physicians who are found qualified.
- If necessary, recommend revocation of certificates after due and legal process.
- Use every means possible to maintain a high standard of pathology practice within the osteopathic profession.
The American Osteopathic Board of Pathology is composed of nine distinguished osteopathic pathologists elected by the AOA Board of Trustees from nominees submitted by the American Osteopathic College of Pathologist (AOCP).
Dr. Gregory McDonald, DO
Dr. Alan F. Henke, DO
Grand Blanc, MI
Dr. Karen Kantor, DO, MPH
Immediate Past Chair
Dr. Talat M. Nazir, DO
Dr. Patricia A. Allen, DO, MA
Dr. Cyrus Parsa, DO
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Dr. Mary Jo Robinson, DO
Dr. Jeffrey Stricker, DO, MBA